Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Prerogative

To start, I will put your minds at ease by informing everyone that, no, this blog is not a forum for Bobby Brown fans to gush over a one-hit wonder and his ex-wife Whitney Houston. My goal for 2010 will be to create a blog featuring my thoughts on all one-hit wonders. In the meantime, I will work on this blog, dedicated to Denver and those who enjoy exploring and experiencing what this Mile High city has to offer.

Since moving from Boulder to Denver, I have made it my personal quest to eat at new restaurants and attend unique events this great town has to offer as much as possible (dependent upon income availability). In this quest, I realized I wanted to share this experience with others. My favorite conversation is one about food or events. I find that I gravitate to conversations regarding this subject daily. Then it came to me... I should start a blog! This way, I can list all my recommendations and thoroughly explain my experience (to those who are interested) in one place. My goal is to share the experience I have at restaurants and events and highlight fellow Denverites. I encourage readers to make requests/recommendations for places and people they find interesting or unique. Some of what I cover will be old news, but I plan to put a new spin on my reviews and hope that I can keep readers coming back to view my opinions and share their own.

Before I wrap up my first post, I want to drop some knowledge on you with a word of the day...

When deciding upon a title for this blog, the term "Denveritis" came to mind. I liked the word and google searched it. What I found was bizarre. The first listing under Google was "Urban Dictionary's" definition of "Denveritis." Ready?

Denveritis (den-ver-eye-tiss)
adjective
1. A person who looks like they have a Denver face
2. Having a nice body, and a not so nice face

Application: "That chic would be a 10 if her face wasn't covered in Denveritis"

I had no idea! Needless to say, I found a new title, one that translates to "the study of Denver." Much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment